What is DIODE Laser Hair removal?
At Advanced Beauty Clinic, we use a DIODE Laser, which uses a single wavelength of light, delivering a high abruption rate in melanin. As the melanin heats up, it destroys the root of the hair follicle, along with the blood flow, which permanently stops the hair growth.
How many treatments will I need?
For best results, approximately 8 - 10 sessions are recommended, 4 - 5 weeks apart. Other factors can influence the number of treatments required such as skin colour, hair coarseness, & area of treatment. Whilst laser hair removal is an effective and long lasting form of hair removal, it is impossible to guarantee 100% of hair removal, nor the requirement for additional treatments to improve your results. Individual results will vary.
Does it hurt?
Whilst it does not hurt, some people can find the procedure uncomfortable. The DIODE Laser has a cooling tip to help make the procedure more pleasant, however the level of discomfort varies by individual and what area is being treated. Our registered skin technicians will ensure your level of comfort is looked after during your procedure.
What do I need to do before and after my treatment?
- Shave the area to be lasered 24 hours prior to your appointment. Do not wax, thread, pluck or have electrolysis procedures. If you have removed hairs from the root, you need to wait a minimum of 4 weeks before your laser treatment, laser hair removal will not work if hair has been removed at the root
- You can shave in between treatments
- Do not use tanning products or tan in the sun prior to your treatment
- Do not book a laser hair removal treatment if you are pregnant, are on medications such as roaccutane, or if you have recently had a peel treatment or laser resurfacing
- Protect skin with an SPF 30 sunscreen or above. There is a small risk of hyperpigmentation from the light activating the melanin. Using sunblock when outside will minimise this risk.